Monday, October 4, 2010

Mid-term break: Day 26-29, Saturday Oct 2nd to Tuesday Oct 5th, 2010

Time for a mid-term break. Many participants have their families come over here for a few days, some of the participants are going to New York for a few days, some like me are heading to a new place. And some smart ones are staying back and enjoying the break.

I am in Bloomington, Indiana - which houses the famous Indiana University - visiting my nephew, who is doing is Masters in Computer Science here. My flight was via Philadelphia and the flight was delayed by over three hours - gave me time to write some more blogs ! Finally I landed in Indianapolis, which is the closest airport at about 5 PM on Saturday evening. Thanks to Mohan Sitaram, I had a rental car waiting for me in the airport - and soon I was off to Bloomington, which is about 60 miles south of Indianapolis.

I had some trouble getting my Garmin GPS device to work, but soon enough I was well and truly on the way. To my surprise, the route was not a freeway, but a state highway - so had lower speed limits and lots of traffic lights. And I was at the apartment complex in about 75 minutes.

I was staying with nephew, who was sharing an apartment with two other college mates. It is quite cold here compared to Boston, and when I went for my long distance run on Sunday morning, it was quite cold. Managed to run about 10K.

The rest of Sunday and Monday was spent in finishing up all the blogs, do some shopping for these guys here, and eating out. This is another typical university town. Some photos of this place are below. Tomorrow morning, which is Tuesday, I start my way back to Boston.

Most participants are expected to be back by Tuesday and the sessions start on Wednesday for the next 20 days. 





Apartment complex - where my nephew stays

No comments: